Saturday, July 5, 2008

Favorites from my yard


This Elderberry bush is so fascinating to me. It starts out with beautiful tiny white flower clusters, then turns to flat green "dots", then will turn purple with the elderberries.






10 comments or thoughts:

Carin said...

mmmm berries for me, please.

parose said...

You have a beautiful yard!

Melissa O. said...

beautiful!! oh I love fresh raspberries!!!!

Mimi/Susan said...

Elderberries...our favorite kind of jelly! You made some beautiful pictures. Wonder if all of them can be found in your yard?

The J's said...

@Susan-Do you make elderberry jelly?
I haven't before, but am hoping to this year. Didn't even realize what they were till last year! Yes, all are in our yard.

Auntie M said...

Beautiful pictures - you have lovely flowers - - and berries!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the walk-through of your yard! I love the white lilies in the blow-up.

Mimi/Susan said...

My Mom makes the jelly. Good old Mom! Elderberries grew on our farm in Ky. but don't grow in Ga. as far as I know. They must need colder weather. Do you need the recipe?

Donna and Jim said...

What a beautiful yard. I have no idea what kind of flowers they are. I think I have the purple one in my yard. Is that a mexican petunia?

The J's said...

Susan- I would LOVE the recipe!!