Wednesday, July 16, 2008

One evening at the beach - my favorite












This is my favorite sunset on my favorite beach with my favorite people (my family). If ever there was an evening that I wish I could replay, it is this one. It seems that there are days that become etched in our memories forever, and this is one of them for me. This beach is Mukilteo State Park downtown Mukilteo, Washington. I know that this is a photo challenge but please forgive me for adding a short video clip to give you the sounds that go along with the photos. The photo of all the people is one of my favorites because it has my neice, two nephews, husband and my dad. They are all in there own separate world enjoying the beach and the sunset and all happen to end up in line with my camera at one time. I I don't get to this beach often, but I make a point of watching a sunset there at least once a year. I have so many wonderful memories of this beach with family, friends, kite flying, picnics and beautiful sunsets. Oh, and these are completely unedited photos.

7 comments or thoughts:

Wrena said...

O My I'd love to visit the beach again! And to be there at sunset that would be asking alot - like a honeymoon we never had. Great post!

Anonymous said...

At least half of a beautiful sunset is framed by the memories of where you were and who you were with and the feeling you experienced at watching it. This looks like a wonderful memory.

parose said...

What a wonderful record of a special time. Ah...the Pacific coast! I do miss it! We spent many wonderful moments enjoying it from at the southern end...California. Super posts! Thanks for the memories!

The J's said...

Great pictures! Somehow sunsets often seem to be more spectacular over the water.
I love your post.

Carl said...

WOW...The first two are awesome. I am a huge fan of silhouettes and sunsets! The second one is amazing with the fore and mid ground clarity...

Auntie M said...

This is such a fun challenge - I love sunsets and yours are great!! Wonderful post.

Traci K said...

Donna...you're pulling at my heartstrings ya' know! How many happy memories I have of the beach and flying kites at that one with your family too (although I think Deanna was a bit smaller then!:)). Love the 3rd one down. The waves look like a painting! And of coarse I love the ferry. What would WA be without it's beauty?