Thursday, July 17, 2008

Recent sunsets

Some of you have probably seen these already on my blog, so forgive me for using them again. I have an extra kid this week and I somehow can't believe that any pictures I would take here in our neighborhood in the next few days would compete. None of these have been altered.

This first one is at the Grand Canyon, of course, not of the sunset, but of the rays of the setting sun on the canyon wall.

These next ones were at Arches National Park. The first two are of the actual sunset... and the third is at the exact same time facing the opposite direction... the landscape in the eastern sky.


And this last one was taken on Lake Michigan before the fireworks show, July 4. The fireworks paled in comparison...

8 comments or thoughts:

parose said...

Love your selections! We can never underestimate the beauty in a sunset.

The J's said...

Amy, you always have great photos to contribute!
The last one is so neat!!

Mimi/Susan said...

The Lake Michigan picture is my favorite. Looks like it could be used as the background for some kind of tropical drink!

Carl said...

If I had to pick a favorite it would have to be the last one; might have something to do with the coloring of the photo. They are all awesome, glad to see I am not the only one who looks away from a sunset to capture amazing events...

Auntie M said...

Awesome collection - can't pick a favorite!! They are great.

Wrena said...

Great shots!

Donna and Jim said...

They are all beautiful. I especially like the last one. Very interesting. Very peaceful.

Traci K said...

Great variety, Amy! Changes in scenery make for great pictures too!