Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Backyard


I didn't spend very much time on this challenge and image kind of shows that. Its hard to put several years full of work into 8 pictures.
I love hanging out in my backyard and taking pictures of the birds, butterflys, etc. that visit there. However, when we moved into this home our backyard was dirt. Lots of dirt. The birds did not visit us because there was nothing to draw them. My husband told me not to worry, I would soon hear the birds singing outside our window. He put in so much hard labor to create our backyard oasis. I was not much help because I can't stand the heat much. Now, every time I'm back there enjoying it I appreciate all the labor that went into it.

7 comments or thoughts:

Auntie M said...

What a transformation!! Beautiful yard... I can see why you enjoy spending time in it!! Good post.

Carin said...

How great to see the progression and the hard work! From nothing but dirt to a little oasis. You must have a great sense of satisfaction.

Mimi/Susan said...

A wonderful oasis! The hard work shows.

Traci K said...

That's a great post and a beautiful yard, Donna! By the looks of your blog, the birds, bees and butterfly's enjoy it too!:)

The J's said...

Great job! Big transformation, and looks like a wonderful place to spend time!

Carl said...

That is awesome...Kudos on all the hard work, amazing how many things appreciate such backyards...

parose said...

We've done a few projects like this one. What a wonderful reward after all the hard work. Great post!