Monday, August 11, 2008

My friend, the barn

Thanks for all the other contributions to this topic. I'm with mimisusan...Wish I was a "seer" and could enjoy them more. Some of them, I can kind of imagine, but I have to have eyes, nose, mouth, etc. to find a face.

Here's "my" barn. It's not really mine, but I claim it since it sits at the corner of our subdivision and is always there to greet me.


I wanted to do a drawing of what I think my barn's personality would look like if it were human, but haven't got around to it, so will present several seasons of it's portraits. (Can't you just see his bright eyes, ruddy cheeks, sideways baseball cap and mouth always formed into a cheery "hello-o-o-o-o"



Like how he changes his facial hair once in a while?

**********************************

The only other contribution I have for this is not really a face... just a little gnome, trapped under tree roots in Kentucky.


Sorry to be so late with this...

7 comments or thoughts:

ducknme said...

Awww, the gnome and barn are very sweet! And great pictures too! I especially like the barn in the fog.

Auntie M said...

I like your pictures - I love old barns - guess it is because I grew up on a ranch with one! Good post!

Carl said...

The barn is awesome and I can totally see the lopsided ball cap face... Great job!

Mimi/Susan said...

Oh dear, I see it all. I must go visit the doc!:)

Carin said...

Great nose on that barn. Nice to see the barn in so many seasons.

Carin said...

Great nose on that barn. Nice to see the barn in so many seasons.

parose said...

I can see why you're friends with the barn. He's cute and so interesting. He changes with the seasons. Nice post.