Sunday, November 30, 2008

Just under the wire...Whew!!!

This is last minute...no excuse...unless it's too much turkey!
Anyway, here are a few samples of my favorite "fine art"...

This picture was painted by my father-in-law in 1982.
He painted it especially for us. He loved to surf and taught all three of his children to surf.
Dad passed away at the age of 90 in August 2007.
His painting is priceless to us!


This was painted by a dear friend. It hangs in my dining room.

No fine art gallery would be complete without
some samples of the grandsons talents.
This one was created by my grandson, Colin, when he was three.

This one was lovingly drawn by my grandson, Gavin.
Both pictures are in my craft room.

I found this treasure in a thrift store.
It brings to mind the ocean I love
but do not live near anymore.
Whenever I want to see it...I look out this "window"
and I'm back in California enjoying the surf.

2 comments or thoughts:

Auntie M said...

Beautiful paintings and lovely kid art... just love it!!

Mimi/Susan said...

Love your Dad's painting. I kicked myself for not posting one of my Dad's paintings that are so precious to us. And how sweet the grandkids art work is.